“Personal Information” is defined as information that identifies you as an individual, including your name, your mailing address, your phone number, and your email address. We do not sell, trade, or share your personal information to anyone in any way, unless you request us to do so. We may use your personal information to:
- Connect you with schools or employers that you’ve asked to be connected with.
- Respond to your emails, phone calls, or requests for more information, such as our newsletter.
- Ask your opinion about the site and its content and usability via an occasional survey.
- Personalize your EduMed.org experience with content or other information we feel may be helpful or interesting to you.
- Allow you to share EduMed.org content and information with a friend or on social media through the Site.
- Improve customer experience through data analysis and trend identification.
- Complete and fulfill any purchase you make through the Site, and to maximize customer service throughout the entire process.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as contact information verification, payment processing, order fulfillment, customer service, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, email delivery services, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- If you request information from vendors so that they (or so that third parties who provide similar services) can provide you with information about their products and services. We are not responsible or liable for vendors’ use of your Personal Information.
- If you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view, or otherwise access the materials.
- If you post your resume on the Site and elect to permit it to be searched by potential employers and staffing agencies, to these potential employers and staffing agencies.
- We do not control the use and disclosure of Personal Information by these potential employers and staffing agencies. While it is our goal that only employers or staffing agencies will gain access to Personal Information in resumes, we cannot guarantee that no other persons or entities will gain such access. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE BY OTHERS OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR RESUME.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions
- If you choose to send messages through the Site, to identify you as the sender to the recipient indicated by you. We will ask you for such recipient’s name and email address and we store both email addresses for the purpose of sending such message.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-Personal information is any information that does not reveal your identify. We may collect non-personal information, including:
- Information contained in your web browser
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information or similar data and information provided by you
- Web analytics such as demographic and other anonymous data for web optimization and other analysis
- “Lead auditing” to ensure the accuracy, relevance and validity of submitted information
- Targeting and optimizing digital ad serving to improve relevance, user experience, and advertising effectiveness
You can remove cookies through your browser settings at any time, though you may need to do this on a per use and not one-time basis. You can also generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Do so by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and personal health information) on our forms, we encrypt that information once it is entered.
EduMed.org gives all site visitors choices when it comes to our use and disclosure of our Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from the following, at any time:
Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer wish to receive emails from us on a go-forward basis, you may do so via any Unsubscribe link in a communication or at our Unsubscribe Page.
We will seek to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably practicable. If you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, of which you cannot opt-out.